Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time Fighter

Be at the right place at the right time
I was told.

So I rushed
trying hard never to be late.

I tried so hard, at times

I came in little too early.

Beating the clock
is never so easy
when you are the first hand
trying to be the second.

I can be the sunflower
that was harvested
before the bloom.
I can be the one
that wilted
before the harvest.

The choice got to be mine.

The river doesn’t know
where it is
at the right place
or at the right time.
But flow it must
with all its zest.

2 comments:

susurrus said...

What comes through in double quick time is the flow notwithstanding the restraint. The haiku-like arrangement of words, the brilliant breaks. A fine poem, it deserves our having, our holding.

"The river doesn’t know
where it is
at the right place
or at the right time.
But flow it must
with all its zest."

This intensely personal zest and the political impatience in Brecht's poem "Changing the wheel" (see below) are themes that, though antipodal, draw interesting comparison.

"I sit by the road side
The driver changes the wheel.
................................
Why with impatience do I
Watch him changing the wheel?"

- susurrus

Anonymous said...

the lucky river, atleast it has a path laid & destination....never heard of brecht before, guess its time i look him/her up..thanks to ur blog...